This Doesn’t Have to Be You!
You know the drill. You spend ten, fifteen minutes or longer on hold with an automated answering system. Then you spend another ten minutes explaining your problem to an operator, only to be transferred to another technician. Computer troubleshooting doesn’t have to be painful. You don’t have to spend hours on the phone with someone hundreds or even thousands of miles away.
The experts at ComputerLynx Network will come to your work or home. The will diagnose the problem and explain your options in language that you can understand.
Don’t Panic… Try This First!
If your computer is on the fritz, don’t panic. Try these simple computer troubleshooting steps yourself.
- Make sure that all cables and power cords are securely connected. Sometimes the problem really is that simple.
- Make that your power supply is working. Plug a light of hair dryer into your wall outlet or surge protector. If it works then the problem is not your power supply.
- If you have changed a setting or added a printer change it back to the way it was. Does your computer work properly now?
- Try pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE at the same time. This will pull up the “Task Manager”. Close any program that is not responding. This may solve the Problem.
Finally, try rebooting your computer if it freezes or begins to run very slowly. Sometimes flaws in software can cause problems. Rebooting resets the computer to where it was before the issue occurred. To reboot, go to the start menu and click “shutdown”. Wait at least 30 seconds restart the computer.
If That doesn’t work, try pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE twice in a row. When you restart your machine you may see an unfamiliar screen. The computer is scanning for errors caused by the forced shutdown. Your normal start up screen should appear momentarily.
Symptoms of a More Serious Problem
Not every computer troubleshooting issue has an easy fix. That’s when it is time to call the pros at ComputerLynx Network. If you experience any of the following issues contact ComputerLynx for a free consultation.
- Your computer continues to run slowly even after you have rebooted. This could be a sign of a computer virus. It may also indicate that there is a hardware issue. Either way ComputerLynx network has the solution.
- Your computer does not recognize disk drives or USB flash drives.
- Your computer has the “blue screen of death”! This occurs when the monitor screen is replaced by blue screen with messaging on it. Contact ComputerLynx immediately if you experience a blue screen.
- You get an unusual computer error message. If this happens try to write down the exact wording of the message and any codes that are included in the message. This will help diagnose the nature of your computer’s issue faster.
“An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure”
Ben Franklin was right. Do your get the oil in your car changed regularly? How about regular physicals at the doctor? Computer technology impacts most every aspect of your business. Regular maintenance will keep your computer secure, running fast and and free of viruses and spyware. ComputerLynx preventive maintenance plans will help keep your computer system running smoothly. No matter what your needs, ComputerLynx Network has a preventive maintenance plan that will save your business time and money.
Watch for Scammers.
Microsoft or other computer technical support companies will not call to tell you that a virus has been detected on your computer. If you receive such a call, hang up immediately. Do not give any personal information such as a credit card or social security number. Do not allow remote access to you computer.
Many scammers are now targeting people through internet ads promoting 1-800 numbers. Don’t be fooled! Don’t put your computer in the hands of a stranger that is hundreds, maybe thousands of miles away. Contact your local computer technology people at ComputerLynx Network.